Saturday, October 13, 2018

Day 13 - Write 31 - Time to Check In and Take a Four Mile Hike

Today is check-in day. 

Every Saturday I step on the scale, take my blood pressure and a dose of Vitamin B-12. 

I used to dread this ritual. Not being sure of what the numbers would show. Now? It's no big deal. I don't count calories, points or even keep a log of the food I eat. 

I just eat. Yep, potatoes, rice, corn, veggies, fruit, legumes...Until I'm satisfied. 

And my weight stays within my goal weight by 2 or 3 pounds up or down and my BP is always well within the normal range. 

I take a dose of B-12 because it's the only thing missing in a plant-based diet. But don't use that as a reason to not go plant-based. Most meat eaters are lacking in this vitamin as well but that's for another post. 

After the check in we packed up some water and a snack and headed out for a short hike. 

Fernandina Beach is home to a beautiful beach on the Atlantic Ocean. There's also a protected area that runs north and south along Egans Creek. Over 300 acres alive with deer, alligators, birds, and snakes.

We took a one mile walk on the beach and three miles along the creek. 

All powered by plants!


Lots of shells washed up on shore



This was just one of the gators we spotted. Most of them keep pretty hidden.












Lace up your shoes and get outside and take a hike!



A writing challenge every October every day





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful photos! I initially thought to myself, "I don't know if I'd be brave enough to walk where I knew there are alligators." Then I remember that I used to live where bears twice tried to break into our front porch, and while rare, it wasn't ~that~ rare to hear cougars at night. Isn't it funny to disregard the familiar risks while worrying about the unfamiliar ones?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you. I respond to every comment and I'll stop by your blog for a visit as well and will leave a comment for you.