Friday, October 24, 2014

What's On My Feet

One reason I like to walk is that you don't need a lot of expensive equipment. To start a walking program the only thing you really need is a good pair of shoes. (Some people do walk barefooted but not me!)

I've owned several different brands of walking shoes. Nike and New Balance are two favorites but Skechers are my new go to shoes.

Skechers are lightweight with breathable uppers.  Memory foam makes walking in these shoes very comfortable.


Even the little strappy dress shoes are great shoes for walking around town. I wouldn't wear them for strenuous long walks but they're great for a marathon shopping trip!

A few shoes tips:


  • When trying on new shoes be sure to wear the socks that you'll be using when you walk so you'll get a proper fit. 
  • If your feet tend to swell shop for new shoes at the end of the day to get the best fit. 
  • Don't think you can break in new shoes. If they don't feel good at the store they won't feel good in another week.
  • Do walk around the house in your new shoes. That way if you decide they aren't comfortable for some reason you'll be able to return them. It's harder to return shoes after you've walked outside. (Each store is different but this is the policy at many shoe stores. Check on the return policy before you buy)
  • Having two pairs of walking shoes allows you to rotate shoes each day. This will give each pair time to air out between walks. 
  • If you don't have two pairs of shoes to rotate you can use a blow dryer set on low or cool to dry the shoes between wearing. A dryer sheet tucked inside will also freshen up smelly shoes or a sprinkle of baking soda works pretty good.


Leave me a comment and let me know your favorite walking shoe...




(I purchased Skechers myself and I wasn't compensated in any way for this review.)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you. I respond to every comment and I'll stop by your blog for a visit as well and will leave a comment for you.