Sunday, October 19, 2014

Together - Walking the Trail at Ft Caroline

It was cool this morning so we decided to take a walk in the woods. 


We choose Ft. Caroline National park because it was near a store where I needed to stop. Ft. Caroline is part of the Timucuan Ecological & Historic Preserve. 

This is a neat place to walk. You can walk on the river side and get a history lesson at the remains of Fort Caroline or cross the street and walk by the Spanish Pond. We decided to walk the pond area because there are lots of hills and hills are hard to come by in this part of Florida. 

The trail was overgrown in places but passable. I forgot the bug spray so we couldn't stop for very long because mosquitoes were hungry and they'd land on any warm blooded body that was standing still. 

There were quite a few people on the trail. I liked that everyone was friendly and spoke as we passed. Even though the trail was pretty strenuous there were several families walking with their kids and dogs. 

It warmed up pretty quick and I was glad I brought a cold bottle of water. 

Before this walk we were 41 miles over our 500 miles together challenge. This Sunday afternoon walk added another 3 miles. Feels good to be out ahead.

(also forgot my camera so no pictures to share:(






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you. I respond to every comment and I'll stop by your blog for a visit as well and will leave a comment for you.