Sunday, June 7, 2015

Lunch at the Mud Cat Charlies - Brunswick, Georgia

We spent the morning with Nancy and Charlie Geocaching at Hofwyl Plantation near Brunswick, Georgia. Worked up an appetite so we asked the lady at the park office to recommend a place to eat. 

She sent us down the road to Mud Cat Charlies.

Mud Cat Charlies is located at the Two Way Marina and Fish Camp on the beautiful Altamaha River. 
We sat on the back porch that looks out over the river. The porch has a/c but if that isn't important to you there is seating on the covered dock area.






Mud Cat Charlies is obviously a great place to get seafood and the platters of fried shrimp made my mouth drool as they were carried past our table. But alas my days of eating shrimp are over due to an ever increasing allergic reaction. I loved the fact that I could enjoy the atmosphere of this place while looking out over the river and still find something on the menu I can eat. Not just shrimp, crab and fish but burgers and chicken. Something for every taste.

I decided to try the burger and onion rings.

My burger was really good. According to the menu they grind the meat fresh daily. That's probably true because it was tasty. The meat was flavorful, juicy and cook just the was I like it. Pink on the inside and charred on the outside. 






John had the blackened crab cake. He said it was good but I didn't sample it so I can't vouch for it but I'll take his word...


The Naked Slaw

 The slaw was just a bowl of shredded cabbage with the dressing on the side. I've never had slaw served this way but it was very tasty. The cabbage retained it crunchiness and the dressing was a little like Thousand Island.



Mud Cat Charlies is very casual you won't have to dress up to eat here. Most of the entrees came out in a paper lined basket but that was OK with me. 
Even though the place was crowded we were seated promptly. The wait staff was friendly and attentive and our food came out quickly. Great food and fast service. You can't ask for much more than that.




Click to add a blog post for Mud Cat Charlies on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you. I respond to every comment and I'll stop by your blog for a visit as well and will leave a comment for you.