Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Day 12 - Wednesday Walking - Finding Something Lovely


Finally cool weather is here although according to the weather guy it's only temporary. But I took advantage of it and took my old dog for a walk. He loves to walk but can only make it to the next door neighbors drive before he begins to huff and puff. Of course he'd keep on walking if I let him only he wouldn't be able to make it home and he's way too big to carry. So I have to tug on his leash and convince him it's time to turn around. It's sad because he loves his walks and used to be able to just go and go. 

On our way back down our drive I spied something lovely growing in a front flower bed. 

A beautiful, delicate Spider Lilly.





The Spider Lilly is native to Florida and I'm so glad it decided to bloom in my flower bed. I love to find sweet surprises when I'm out on a walk.








For the month of October I'm going to be writing everyday mostly about walking. I hope I might encourage someone to get outside and take a walk!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you. I respond to every comment and I'll stop by your blog for a visit as well and will leave a comment for you.