Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Fun Things to Find - Roadside America

We've passed this guy more times than I can count. There he stands rain or shine with his donut, cup of coffee and goofy expression.


Johnny Donutseed

Highway 59
Exit 217 off I-10
Lloyd Florida



It's funny how you can drive by something so many times and never really pay attention. Oh, I'd seen him the many times we took this exit on our way to the gulf. On one of our last trips that way we stopped at the Subway to get a sandwich and take a closer gander at Johnny. 

He's weathered many a storm and the heat of the Florida sun is catching up to him. But all in all he's looking pretty good for an old guy. The roadside oddity is about 10 -12 feet tall, made of fiberglass and looks like the famous Johnny Appleseed if it weren't for the cup of coffee and donut he's holding. 

You'll find Johnny Donutseed at the Big Bend Travel Plaza the longest serving independent travel plaza on I-10 in Florida. Take exit 217 and head towards Lloyd. You'll see Johnny on the right.



Some times you just have to get out of the car, take a walk and check things out. You never know what you might find!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you. I respond to every comment and I'll stop by your blog for a visit as well and will leave a comment for you.