Sunday, October 4, 2015

Walk With God - Praying For Your Neighbors


"...pray for one another..."
James 5:16


Walking through my neighborhood I can't help but notice the big yellow school bus that sits in my neighbor's side yard. I know she leaves well before the sun comes up to make the run to pick up high school students. I silently pray for her and the safety of the children she carries every day.

Around the corner I see a 'for sale' sign in the yard of the big brick house. I know that the homeowner is now in a nursing home. I pray for him and his wife.

Down the street there's a plumber's truck in a driveway. I say a prayer for the homeowner that the problem isn't too costly.

When you walk your neighborhood it allows you to get up close to those who live near you. Pray for the houses you pass and the families that live there. You don't have to know what problems they may face but we can be sure there are problems because we all have them!

"These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

You don't even need to know who lives there. Sometimes I just read off the street number on the mail boxes as I pass by. I pray like this;

God you know who lives here, what trials they're facing today. You know their joys. Bless this home Lord and those who dwell there.

Take a walk and pray for your neighbors! 


 See all the posts in this series at 31 Days in October 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love to hear from you. I respond to every comment and I'll stop by your blog for a visit as well and will leave a comment for you.